We are pleased to announce the 8th International Conference on Spatial Cognition (ICSC 2021). The conference will be devoted to “Cognition and Action in a Plurality of Spaces” and will take place on September 13-17, 2021. Depending on the course of the pandemic, the conference will be either a hybrid or an online conference. In case of a hybrid conference, it will take place as an on-site conference in Rome and at the same time as a fully digital, interactive conference with access to all scientific sessions.
In order to foster interdisciplinary discussion and spread new, innovative research on spatial cognition, space-related contributions from all sub-disciplines of cognitive science (cognitive psychology and neuropsychology, neuroscience, computational approaches, linguistics, philosophy of mind, etc.) will be considered. ICSC 2021 will be devoted (but not limited) to multidisciplinary researches on cognition and action concerning:
· physical, virtual, and hybrid spaces
· perceptual, imaginary, and conceptual spaces
· unisensory and multisensory spaces
· life-space and representations of space
· spatial and non-spatial representations of space
· bodily, peripersonal, and extrapersonal space
· proximal and distal space
· urban, rural, and natural spaces
· terrestrial and extra-terrestrial spaces
· subjective, intersubjective, and collective representations of space
· egocentric and allocentric representations of space
· culture-specific representations of space
· space in music, art, and architecture
· space in human-robot cooperation and human-robot interaction
· temporal spaces and time-space relationships
· Symposium proposals (General abstracts with authors and titles of single contributions): January 31, 2021
· Abstracts of talks, posters, and single contributions to symposia: January 31, 2021
The conference proceedings will be published in Cognitive Processing – International Quarterly of Cognitive Science (www.springer.com/10339).
Tiziana Catarci, Fabrizio Doricchi, Thomas Hünefeldt, Marta Olivetti Belardinelli, Antonino Raffone.